DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provision of assistance to the Compliance Officer in implementing policies and procedures concerning all aspects of compliance in adherence with the requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland, international regulators and Credit Agricole Group.
• Assist in the delivery of specific compliance related projects.
• Review and update compliance policies and procedures (to include FIDES, the Compliance Manual of the Credit Agricole Group) and assist with the performance of gap analysis of compliance procedures and systems.
• Assist with compliance and due diligence aspects of new products and partners
documentation review, recording decisions of New Activities and Partners (NAP) Committee.
• Review and update compliance related training material as required.
• Financial Security: reviews, reporting and controls concerning AML, international sanctions and fraud procedures and policies.
• Researching and reviewing international consumer protection, product governance and oversight and general good requirements.
• Assisting with reporting to European regulators for complaints and consumer protections issues.
• Support the implementation of internal controls and internal audit recommendations.
• Assist with obligations and reporting to the Credit Agricole group as required.
• Ad hoc assignments as may be required from time to time.
Experience: minimum of 3 years' experience in a compliance role.
Educated to degree level and/ or professional qualification.
Background in financial services, preferably insurance is necessary.
Studying for or qualified Association of Compliance Officers Ireland (ACOI).
Skills & Competencies: methodical, proficient in the use of Word/Excel/ Powerpoint.
Experience and knowledge of regulatory and commercial aspects of insurance contracts, terms and conditions and consumer protection issues.