Michael Page Suisse
Michael Page Suisse
Our client is a fast growing private equity owned Swiss SME. The group is expecting to add a significant number of new companies through acquisitions per annum.
To work as a partner to the CEO and the Board in developing and overseeing the implementation of the corporate strategy as it relates to M&A growth.
To take responsibility for all acquisition-related matters including managing external advisers and service providers, driving execution process and coordinating with internal providers of specific expertise.
Building relationships with potential sellers and entrepreneurs and supporting the CEO's relationship building activities.
This role is responsible for the full life cycle of the acquisitions and operational responsibilities are as follows:
- Undertake extensive market research to identify individual group acquisition targets/leads which are suitable for addition to the Group.
- Develop and managing a detailed pipeline/funnel of acquisition opportunities.
- Create a database covering all interactions with prospective acquisition opportunities and for tracking all live M&A initiatives.
- Coordinate the preparation and updating of appropriate presentation materials to provide to prospective acquisition targets.
- Meet with prospective acquisition targets to promote the Group as an attractive buyer both for the sale process itself and for post-deal ownership.
- Establish and develop relationships with prospective providers of potential acquisition referrals (brokers, bankers, lawyers, industry contacts etc).
- Assess financial risks and returns of each investment through the creation of financial models.
- Develop, manage and coordinate the due diligence process for new acquisitions covering internal (operations, HR, financial) and external work streams (financial, tax, legal)
- Prepare initial views on valuation of prospective targets.
- Take joint responsibility with the CEO/CFO for negotiating transaction documentation, including shares/asset purchase agreements.
- Support the CFO in any acquisition-related financing requirements.
- Support the integration of newly acquired companies by ensuring key due diligence findings are incorporated into the post-deal integration plan and key post-deal transaction obligations are met.
Unique growth opportunity within a fast growing private equity owned SME
Responsible for managing the full life cycle of the companies M&A aquisitions
- Highly commercial, results-driven approach, with proven experience of adding value to businesses and an understanding of the challenges associated with a fast growth environment.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in a Corporate Finance/M&A environment including successful track record of managing acquisitions within Switzerland.
- Strong analytical and financial skills including ability to build complex financial models.
- Ability to analyse market trends and dynamics, identify/evaluate acquisition targets and assess management teams.
- Sound judgment in assessing transaction & due diligence issues.
- Ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Existing relationships with advisers.
- Tri-lingual fluency (French, English, German) - both oral and written.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast growing dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Experience of working for an international business.
- Experience of working for a private equity owned business an advantage.
- Experience of working in a healthcare or retail business also an advantage.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, open minded personality
- Highly motivated individual with strong business sense
- Comfortable in challenging business conditions and able to work independently
- Good communication and presentation skills with all levels of business
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong identification towards the company
Our client is willing to offer a competitive salary package for the successful candidate.