For our client, one of the most instantly recognizable banks in Switzerland, Swisslinx are looking for a dynamic Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
This is a 12 months contract available immediately extensions highly possible.
Possible start date: latest 01.07.2018
Overview of the project:
The project replaces the current Windows 7 client build with the Windows 10 client build. The rollout will be performed in an automated, user driven manner. The VDI rollout lead is responsible to prepare and execute the rollout for all virtual UCII clients in scope of the assigned rollout hub.
The candidate will ensure that the rollout is executed according to agreed schedule and budget and meets the expected quality. The VDI Rollout Specialist will report to the Rollout Office, which plans, controls and coordinates the overall Uniclient III rollout.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- Execution of rollout according to plan and budget, in time and quality defined by the project.
- Communication and alignment with local management / office heads.
- Track and ensure readiness of rollout batch/ location according to readiness criteria defined by the project.
- Provide adequate end user support for issues related to rollout before rollout.
- Provide adequate end user support on the 1st day after rollout for issues related to the rollout.
- Handover of rollout batch/ location to operations organisation.
- Delivery of requested reports to rollout office, timely information on issues.
- Proactive identification of issues, management of out of line situations and escalations in cooperation with the project.
- Identification of improvement options.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience (at least 2-3 years) in similar roles for end user related IT rollout or migration tasks.
- Experience (at least 2-3 years) in VDI and IT desktop support.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise a number of different tasks and set priorities in accordance with objectives.
- Comfortable working in a high-paced environment, result-driven way of working, and ability to get things done.
- Strong communication skills (towards all management, end users, project team).
- Ability to identify issues pro actively and solve problems.
- Fluent in English (spoken, written) and German.- Prepared to work out of office hours/ over weekends or at night.
- Good competency in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite tools.
For further information, do not hesitate to contact: Marta Kondracka, Senior Technology Researcher: +41 (0)58 268 1054,