Principal Agile Analyst - Asset Management.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Global Operations Technology function supports a number of business processes such as; Data Operations, Transaction Operations, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Investment Accounting, Performance and Attribution, Reporting and Fund Operations.
The Technology team works very closely with the Operations business to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers.
The teams operate under an agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business.
We have implemented the Aladdin platform that covers a number of our more traditional Investment processes and provides full support for the trade lifecycle. Typically the solutions provided in this group are complimentary to Aladdin and also involve maintaining the APIs with Aladdin.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. At present with this specific opportunity it is expected to require 5 working days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Principal Agile Analysts are core members of the Operations Technology function and wider Asset Management Technology domain. They are responsible for contributing and leading all aspects of the analysis, design, development and testing in relation to on-going change across the Asset Management Technology Platform
The analyst will be required to work within the reporting capability aligned agile team and may also be required to work on large scale Projects or Programmes of change.
Principal Agile Analysts are innovative and passionate individuals who demonstrate a superior level of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers.
* Support Delivery Leads to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Technology Capability teams are suitable defined and structured.
* Responsible for leading and/or contributing to the analysis and solution design tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software.
* Accountable for ensuring committed analysis and solution design objectives are met within agreed timelines.
* Responsible for contributing to all elements of planning, including estimates for analysis assignments, testing and the support acceptance process.
* Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders agile ceremonies.
* Committed to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (development and testing).
* Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills and experiences.
* Supporting the development of the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities.
General and Technical Skills:
* Wide experience of business analysis across a number of different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience.
* High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support software development.
* Knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools common programming languages is preferred.
* Highly skilled in producing visual artefacts using tools such as Visio/iServer to communicate requirements, stories or design solutions.
* Knowledge of the BlackRock Aladdin platform.
* Knowledge of the Market EDM toolset.
* Strong experience of data analysis, data modelling and data mining.
* Experience of interface design and detailed understanding of the flow of data through architectures as well as operational models to maintain the data and support the flows.
* Comfortable to engage with senior stakeholders within the business and wider GT in both written and verbal form.
* Excellent ability to produce management level information packs/presentations to communicate requirements and design solutions.
* Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, times zones etc.
* Excellent understanding of the Investment Management business with specific focus on the core Asset Management Platform capabilities; Fund management, trading, confirmation, settlement, reconciliations, cash management, investment accounting, fund accounting, performance, attribution and reporting.
* Excellent ability to communicate how the Investment Technology team contributes to the wider business and Global Technology strategies
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.